The Cretan Music Experience
From the passion of Lyra master Andreas Rodinos(1912-1934), to the highly expressive playing of Kostas Moundakis (1926-1991), the spirit and soul of Crete’s greatest virtuosos continue to inspire tomorrow’s masters.
- Professors of Ethnomusicology
- Local and international guest artists
- Master musicians of the Lyra, Laouto, Mandolin, Bulgari (small Bouzouki), and Violin
Musical Instrument Workshop
- An unprecedented opportunity to learn hands-on techniques from the world’s most acclaimed masters of Cretan music.
- Basic and advanced improvisational techniques
- Composing and interpretive playing
- Rhythmical and melodic composition
Learn Traditional Cretan Song Forms
- Mantinades, from the Venetian word matinada, or morning song, are Cretan rhyming couplets.
- The Rizitika,songsfilled with folklore and pathos
- Labyrinth Musical Workshop and Museum, Choudetsi, Crete, Ross Daly, Owner. Awarded the European Citizens Prize in 2012. www.labyrinthmusic.gr
Student Recital and Glendi
- Students present a recital followed by a performance with their instructors, culminating in a festive instrumental, song and dance celebration